On Tuesday 23rd June, Coleg Gwent will be hosting their first ever, live, virtual open event for full-time and part-time courses. With sessions starting at 5pm and 6pm, the open event includes a timetable of live chat rooms for learners and parents, across all subject areas and support services.
With the ongoing lockdown in Wales and social distancing restrictions, open events at Coleg Gwent have been on hold for health and safety reasons. However, the new virtual open event is the next best thing, allowing learners and their parents to explore the college from the safety of their own home.
At the virtual open event, learners and parents will be able to:
- Explore the five Coleg Gwent campuses (City of Newport campus, Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone, Crosskeys campus, Usk campus, and Pontypool campus, as well as the brand-new Torfaen Learning Zone)
- Meet their lecturers and learner support services
- Discover the range of full-time and part-time courses available
- Ask questions about studying at Coleg Gwent
- Experience student life at Coleg Gwent
- Apply online for their chosen course
Guy Lacey, Principal of Coleg Gwent, said:
“finding out more about Coleg Gwent is an essential part of a learner’s decision making process when choosing what and where they want to study. So our new virtual open event enables learners to make an informed decision while restrictions are still in place, and we’re excited to be able to offer this option. It means that learners won’t have to put their futures on hold and can start taking steps in the direction they want to go, without waiting for the lockdown to be lifted in Wales.”
Registrations for the Coleg Gwent virtual open event on 23rd June are now open. Staff look forward to meeting learners and their parents to support and guide them, and Coleg Gwent continues to accept new applications for all courses starting in the new academic year in September.
The first virtual open event will also be followed by a second virtual event dedicated to higher education, on Tuesday 30th June at 5pm and 6pm.