The South Wales Business Awards is delighted to announce its honorary 2020 “Contribution to Wales & Welsh Society” winners.
The global pandemic has affected every aspect of the lives and businesses of people in Wales and the UK. As a result, it hasn’t been possible to hold the annual South Wales Business Awards. The 2020 awards were presented online by one of Welsh radio & television’s most popular presenters Sara Edwards.
In Wales, we have a huge number of heroes such as our NHS and frontline staff. People who’ve cared for us and kept us safe throughout these difficult times. We also have an army of keyworkers, who have kept the country running and provided us with the tools and resources to keep moving forward.
Our keyworker army have also taken enormous risks and sacrifices to do their jobs, which has been crucial to the UK. The South Wales Business Awards has decided to recognise and reward our key workers for their achievements.
The winners were announced virtually with host Sara Edwards and awards founder, Wesley Skene.
The 2020 honorary “Contribution to Wales & Welsh Society” is as follows:
- Phil Davies – Hospital Innovations – Services to Medical Support
- Andy Mallows – Hensol Castle Distillery – Services to Medical Support
- Spiro Borg – Spiro’s Fine Dining & Catering – Services to Medical Support
- Mrs Deborah Thomas – Cowbridge Sixth Form – Services to Education & Medical Support
- Heather Dungey – Care & Repair Cymru – Services to Charity
- Gemma Duncan – Hermes Couriers – Services to Logistics
- Alyson Hopkins – Hermes Couriers – Services to Logistics
- Alan Martin – Hermes Couriers – Services to Logistics
Staff at Hermes Couriers also picked up three honorary awards for their contribution to Wales and Welsh society.
Founder of the South Wales Business Awards, Wesley Skene said:
“2020 has be a year that has proved incredibly painful for society and the economy. However, it has also proved that we have a tremendous community that cares for one another and will always go the extra mile for each other. The South Wales Business Awards is humbled to award our Contribution to Wales & Welsh Society to such deserving winners. These awards are also dedicated to the tens of thousands of key workers who have gone above and beyond this year.”