Following the success of ‘Incredible Iceland’ breaks last winter, short-break specialist Super Break has announced an expanded programme of getaways to North Iceland from Cardiff Airport, departing in December 2018 and in January 2019.
[aoa id=”1″]Super Break has added a choice of three or four night packages to its winter program, offering Welsh holidaymakers the opportunity to go off the beaten track and experience Iceland’s breath-taking scenery and vibrant culture. Currently the only tour operator to fly direct to North Iceland, Super Break offers three or four night packages that provide customers with a diverse choice of accommodation and activities to suit every taste. These itineraries include:[/aoa]
Incredible Iceland Break – A great introduction to the wonders of North Iceland, with unmissable excursions included but plenty of free time to explore Akureyri in your own way.
- Direct return flights from Cardiff
- Three nights’ accommodation in Akureyri
- Coach transfer to and from the airport
- A ‘Search for the Northern Lights’ four-hour evening excursion
- Lake Myvatn Adventure – ‘Land of Fire and Ice’ full day excursion, including visits to the mythical Godafoss Waterfall, the boiling mud pools of Namafjall and the opportunity to visit Myvatn Nature Baths
- Access to an in-resort Super Break representative throughout your stay.
Packages are available now from £749 per person, departing on 28th December 21018 and 21st January 2019.
Lake Myvatn – Iceland’s Winter Wilderness Break – perfect for nature lovers, this break allows you to fully explore the wild beauty of North Iceland in a smaller group.
In addition to return flights direct from Cardiff, Iceland’s Winter Wilderness breaks include:
- Three nights’ accommodation in the 3* Sel Hotel Myvatn, including breakfast
- Small group transfers to and from Akureyri Airport in a 4×4 minibus
- Akureyri City Sightseeing and Godafoss Waterfall tour
- Small group ‘Search for Northern Lights’ evening tour
- Small group ‘Lake Myvatn Highlights and Hidden Gems’ tour
- Entry and visit to Myvatn Nature Baths
- Entry and visit to Sigurgeirs Bird Museum
Packages are available now from £1,099 per person, departing on 28th December 21018 and 21st January 2019.
Luxury North Iceland Escape – For those looking to enjoy the finer things North Iceland has to offer, this break includes a host of culinary and cultural experiences along with a taste of luxury at the area’s premier hotel, which boasts outdoor hot tubs for prime viewing of the Northern Lights.
In addition to return flights direct from Cardiff, luxury North Iceland Escapes include:
- Three nights’ accommodation at the 4* Siglo Hotel, Siglufjordur, with breakfast
- Small group transfers to and from Akureyri Airport
- Visit to local waterfront bistro Ekta Fiskur for late lunch
- Kaldi Brewery visit and beer tasting
- Local sheep farm visit and smoked lamb tasting
- Lunch at local favourite Hannes Boy restaurant
- Visit to Icelandic Pottery Centre & Saga Fotografika Museum
- Segul 67 Brewery and beer tasting
- Walking tour of Siglufjordur town
Packages are available now from £1,119 per person, departing on 28th December 21018 and 21st January 2019.
Freedom of North Iceland Self Drive Break – Explore the best of North Iceland on your own terms with all the freedom having your own private mode of transport brings.
In addition to return flights direct from Cardiff, Freedom of North Iceland Self Drive Breaks include:
- Three nights’ accommodation at either 4* Fosshotel Myvatn or Fosshotel Husavik with breakfast
- Private hire of a Suzuki Vitara 4WD for the duration of your break, including unlimited mileage, theft waiver, collision damage waiver and personal added insurance.
Packages are available now from £999 per person, departing on 28th December 21018 and 21st January 2019.
Deb Barber, Chief Executive Officer of Cardiff Airport, added:
“The first of these unique charters proved to be tremendously popular when it took off from Cardiff back in January. It’s great to see Super Break adding even more three and four night packages with a choice of itineraries to suit the tastes of our customers.”
Chris Hagan from Super Break, commented:
“We’re thrilled to announce our expanded programme of getaways from Cardiff, so that more people than ever before can experience the magical destination that is North Iceland. Akureyri is an amazing destination and we take pride in offering the very best bucket list activities for holidaymakers across the UK to experience on this trip of a lifetime.”