Roulette is one of the simplest casino games. It comes with easy rules – just drop the ball in the wheel and wait for the outcome. The game features different variations and bets types and you can really profit from it.
How to play roulette?
If you want to play roulette, you need to learn the main rules. The most important ones we have gathered in this article but the full guide to online roulette game is available at CasinoHEX (New Zealand), a reliable website about online gambling. First of all, let’s learn the basics.
As soon as you hear „place your bets“ statement, you should place the bet. The game is going on until „no more bets“ is announced. In the next step, players wait for the ball to land to one of the pockets. In case of successful prediction, winnings are dealt. Usual roulette game online is similar to land-based variation, with the distinction that land-based casinos used coloured chips. Here is the step by step guide:
- Invitation to place the bets – round starts by croupier announcement „place your bets“
- Bets placement – place wager on favourite numbers including straight-up bets (on a number from 0-36) and red/black bets. You can also choose among a variety of bets like split, corner, line, street, column, dozen., odd or even bets
- No more bets announcement – as soon as players place the bets and croupier spins the wheel in the opposite direction, you will hear „no more bets“ announcement. Each upcoming bet is invalid.
- Waiting for the ball to land the wheel – croupier announces the winning number and places the marker on the number. Online casinos feature the number on the screen.
- Payout of the winnings – players are paid for successful prediction
Roulette odds and types
Roulette appears in various shapes and forms. There are two well-known types like European and American. Players are recommended to choose European variation as it costs less than American. European variation includes 0-36 pockets including single zero field. On the contrary, American type comes with an additional 00 double zero pocket. It results in different house edge for players: American type provides only 5,26% while the European variation offers 2,70%.
Outside and inside bets
Roulette is famous both for outside and inside bets. Outside bets include red/black, odd/even, high/low, column and dozens of bets. All these types pay 1 to 1 expect column and dozen which will pay 2 to 1. Inside bets refer to the wagers placed inside the roulette wheel. Here you can place bets on a single number (with 35 to 1 payout), split bets, street bets, corner bets, and line bet. Here are the explanations:
- Red/black bets – here you bet on the color of the pocket.
- Odd/even – betting on either odd or even number of the pocket.
- High/low bets – numbers are separated into two groups: low bets are 1-18 and high are 19-36.
Here you don’t have zero bet.
- Column bet – placing the bet on the entire column (12 numbers) without zero.
- Dozen bets – bets of 12 numbers similar to column bets with a payout rate of 2 to 1.
On the other side inside bets are:
- Single bet or betting on the single number with 35 to 1 payout.
- Split bets – when the chip is placed between two numbers.
- Street bet – betting on three numbers in a row.
- Square bet – when you place the bet on the corners of four numbers.
- Line bet – betting on six numbers with payout 5 to 1.
Roulette appears in three basic variations: European, American, and French. All roulette variations are similar with minor differences. Here you have some specifications for each type:
- It includes 37 pockets.
- This is the most popular roulette type worldwide.
- Includes zero pocket.
- House edge of 2,70%.
- Includes double zero pocket.
- Features 38 numbers.
- Comes with the highest house edge of 5,26%.
- Includes specific rules like La Partage and En Prison.
- The favorable house edge of 2,70% and 1,35 % for even bets.
- This is single zero roulette with 37 pockets.
La Partage rule is very useful for players. When you placed the bet and green zero appears on the wheel, you will receive the half of your bet. En Prison rule is also interesting for players who placed outside bets and green zero emerged. In this case, bets are imprisoned until the next round. French roulette typically appears in the French language.
As you can observe, roulette offers something to everyone and it is the right time to sample it. Apart from having a lot of time, you will enjoy the unique betting opportunity.