McDonald’s will reopen a further 261 restaurants for Drive Thru across the UK and Ireland today.
McDonald’s across South Wales have seen thousands of people queue in their cars as the first restaurants opened in Wales, since closing in March due to the pandemic.
McDonald’s Drive-Thrus in Cardiff will join Newport, Cwmbran, Ebbw Yale and Barry in reopening today.
In addition to the Drive Thrus opening in Cardiff, the Queen Street branch of McDonald’s in Cardiff City Centre will open as well for McDelivery.
McDonald’s Drive-Thrus in Cardiff open:
- Capitol Shopping Park (Leckwith)
- Excelsior Road (Western Avenue)
- Cardiff Bay Retail Park
- Longwood Drive (Coryton)
- Valgate Retail Park (Culverhouse Cross)
- Newport Road, Cardiff
- Cardiff Gate, Pontprennau
Open for McDelivery:
- Queen Street, Cardiff.
In a statement released by McDonald’s, a spokesperson said:
“We are glad to be back but it will look a little different and may take a little longer, so please bear with us.”
The popular fast good chain has introduced a number of changes to adhere to social distancing rules and to keep staff and customers safe.
The changes introduced include:
- Fewer employees in their kitchens to enable teams to social distance and work safely
- There will be a limited limited menu (no breakfast or Shakes for now) and will open for reduced hours (11am-10pm)
- They encourage customers to use contactless payment methods and cap your spend at £25
- For those visiting Drive Thrus, you can browse the menu, order and pay ahead using the My McDonald’s App – they will start preparing your order when you’re near the restaurant.
The statement continued:
“We’re delighted to be returning to communities across the UK and Ireland, thank you for your continued support and patience. We look forward to seeing you soon.
“Download our app or visit the restaurant locator at McDonalds.co.uk to find your nearest open restaurant.”
For a full list of open restaurants go to McDonalds.co.uk/OpenRestaurants