Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Wales 247
    • Cymru
    • FindMyTown
      • South East Wales
      • South West Wales
      • Mid & West Wales
      • North East Wales
      • North West Wales
    • Business
    • Education
    • What’s On
    Facebook X (Twitter) LinkedIn
    • Senedd 2026
    • Cardiff
    • Swansea
    • Charity
    • Motoring
    • Got a story?
    • Advertise
    • Property
    • Cornered
    • Life
    Wales 247
    Home » Major stadium announcement promises lifeline for Welsh rugby
    Business Community

    Major stadium announcement promises lifeline for Welsh rugby

    Rhys GregoryBy Rhys GregoryFebruary 2, 2026Updated:February 3, 2026No Comments
    Share Facebook Twitter Copy Link LinkedIn Email WhatsApp
    The Principality Stadium. (Adobe Stock)
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Welsh Rugby Union has confirmed its stadium naming rights deal with Principality Building Society has been extended until 2030, with the new investment directly supporting the growth of the game in Wales from grassroots up to elite levels.

    Wales’ national ground has been known as Principality Stadium, hosting an array of global music stars, worldwide sporting events and international Welsh rugby, since January 2016.

    Principality Building Society CEO, Iain Mansfield: “I am delighted to announce the renewal of the naming rights of Principality Stadium until 2030 – taking us to the end of the decade.

    As the CEO of Wales’ largest mutual, we are proud of our Welsh heritage, while also recognising our national role as the UK’s sixth largest building society.

    Having our name above one of the world’s most iconic entertainment and sporting venues is Principality’s statement of intent to the million visitors who come to Cardiff each year, adding real and demonstrable value to our brand and the Welsh economy.”

    The deal with one of Wales’ oldest building societies, formed in 1860, had been extended for one-year as a goodwill gesture by WRU, after Covid-19 saw many events cancelled or held behind closed doors during the 2022 season, but now the two great, historic Welsh brands have come to an agreement until 2030.

    “This new investment in Welsh rugby will provide vital support to the community game across the nation and directly positively impact improvements to our professional game,” said WRU CEO Abi Tierney.

    “Principality Building Society are one of our longest-standing and most supportive partners who have become synonymous with the top-class events calendar we host in the Welsh capital, as well as being right at the heart of our community game.

    “We look forward to continuing our partnership with Principality Building Society and achieving more great things together.”

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter) Follow on LinkedIn
    Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Avatar photo
    Rhys Gregory
    • X (Twitter)
    • Instagram
    • LinkedIn

    Editor of Wales247.co.uk

    Related Posts

    Cardiff to host global graffiti and street art festival for first time

    May 19, 2026

    M4 traffic at standstill after collision near Swansea

    May 19, 2026

    Police appeal to find missing 14-year-old last seen in Cardiff

    May 19, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest News in Wales

    Welsh charity urges government to introduce routine prostate cancer testing

    May 19, 2026

    Wales Fintech Festival lands major partnership ahead of debut event

    May 19, 2026

    Cardiff to host global graffiti and street art festival for first time

    May 19, 2026

    New Welsh Government urged to focus on long-term action over quick wins

    May 19, 2026

    Welsh creative meets King Charles after winning prestigious national award

    May 19, 2026

    Faster business decisions could deliver major economic boost for Wales

    May 19, 2026

    Met Office says warmest day of the year could arrive this week

    May 19, 2026

    Newport Council announces new list of roads set for resurfacing

    May 19, 2026

    Swansea groups invited to apply for share of £700,000 summer support funding

    May 19, 2026

    Former music teacher takes on role as Mayor of Neath Port Talbot

    May 19, 2026
    Follow 247
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • LinkedIn

    247 Newsletter

    Sign up to get the latest hand-picked news and stories from across Wales, covering business, politics, lifestyle and more.

    Wales247 provides around the clock access to business, education, health and community news through its independent news platform.

    Email us: [email protected]
    Contact: 02922 805945

    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube LinkedIn RSS
    More
    • What’s On Wales
    • Community
    • Education
    • Health
    • Charity
    • Cardiff
    • Swansea
    Wales Business
    • Business News
    • Awards
    • Community
    • Events
    • Opinion
    • Economy
    • Start-ups
    • Home
    • About
    • Advertise
    • Picture Desk
    • Privacy
    • Corrections
    • Contact
    © 2026 Wales 247.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.