The Cardiff Half Marathon will take place on October 7thand with 25,000 people expected to take part in the event, Cardiff is expected to be exceptionally busy.
To set up and dismantle the race village for the event, there have been road closures in place in the Civic Centre from Wednesday October 3rd.
From 5am on Thursday October 4thuntil midnight on October 8thKing Edward V11 Avenue will be closed up to the junction with Boulevard de Nantes and to the junction with City Hall Road.
The following roads will be closed from 5am on Friday October 5thuntil midnight on October 7th.
- King Edward V11 (Junction with Boulevard de Nantes to the junction with City Hall Road, and from the junction with Corbett Road to the junction with City hall Road)
- Museum Avenue from the closed end with Corbett Road to the junction with Gorsedd Gardens Road
- Gorsedd Gardens Roadfrom the junction with Park Place to the junction with Museum Avenue.
- City Hall Road from the junction with North Road to the junction with Museum Avenue (vehicular access to private parking and for deliveries will be maintained until 9.00am Saturday October 6thonly).
4.00am until 12noon on Sunday October 7th
- North Road south of the junction with Boulevard de Nantes to the junction with the A416
- The A4161 from the junction with North Road to its junction with Kingsway,
- Kingsway from the junction with the A4161 to the junction with Duke Street
- Duke Street and Castle Street
- Cowbridge Road East from the junction with Castle Street to the junction with Cathedral Road.
6.00am until 10.45am on Sunday October 7th
- North Road from the junction with Colum Road to the junction with Boulevard de Nantes (access to Blackweir via Park Place/Corbett Road, northbound up North Road).
10.00am until 3.10pm on Sunday October 7th
- Colum Road
- Park Place from the junction with St Andrews Place to the junction with Colum Road.
9.00am until 2.30pm on Sunday October 7th
- Access only into Beatty Avenue from the junction with Lake Road North (including Jellicoe Gardens, Keyes Avenue and Tyrwhitt Crescent)
- Access to Queen Anne Square will be managed via Column Road/Corbett Road and exiting will be via Corbett Road/North Road northbound
- Lady Mary Road from the junction with Maryport Road to the junction with Lake Road East.
Rolling road closure from 9am until 3.10pm on Sunday 7th
- Cowbridge Road East from the junction with Cathedral Road
- Wellington Street, Leckwith Road and Sloper Road
- Penarth Road, Cardiff Bay Barrage, Harbour Drive and Roald Dahl Plas
- Bute Place, Lloyd George Avenue and Herbert Street
- Tyndall Street, East Tyndall Street and Windsor Road
- Adam Street, Fitzalan Place going across Newport Road
- West Grove, Richmond Road and Albany Road
- Blenheim Road, Marlborough Road and Ninian Road
- Fairoak Road, Lake Road East and Lake Road West
- Fairoak Road, Cathays Terrace, Corbett Road and Museum Avenue