The competition in the gambling industry is high. Hundreds of casinos try to attract clients and make them register on their websites. A first deposit bonus serves as one of the most effective ways to encourage players to create an account. Still, do not get blind by huge bonuses offered by online casinos. And here, we will explain why and analyze all pitfalls.
The Core of the First Deposit Bonus
The first deposit bonus is a reward that is given to new casino clients for making the first replenishment. Usually, the bonus size varies between 100% and 200%-250%. Thus, players can easier double and triple investments. Some administrations also attach free spins that are valid on particular slot machines.
Some casinos even offer packs for a set of replenishments. For instance, 150%, 100%, and 200% for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rddeposits, respectively. Thus, players can significantly increase their bankrolls and get more chances to play games.
Still, the following parameters are limited by casinos within the frameworks of using the reward:
- A minimum deposit sum to qualify for the promotion. Usually, it ranges between $15 to $35.
- Maximum bonus size. You can find the following description of the promotion: “100% up to $1.500”. It means that even if you deposit more, the maximum bonus provided by the casino will be $1.500.
- A maximum bet size. In some cases, casinos can limit the maximum size of the bet.
Reasons not to Use the Sign-up Bonus
Although the first deposit bonus increases chances and multiplies investments, it is not advisable to use it due to the following reasons:
- Too high wagers (rollovers). A wagering policy is a set of mandatory requirements to be met to withdraw bonus prizes. Until these conditions are met, players can’t cash out money won for bonuses. The thing is that some casinos set too high rollover so that gamblers practically can’t meet them. 45x and more are overestimated wagers. It is better to avoid them since the likelihood of losing all winnings during wagering is too high.
- Bonus validity is limited. Most casinos offer to use the promo for a month. Yet, some administrations activate promotions for just 14 or even 7 days. Thus, they try to stimulate players to visit the casino regularly and frequently play.
- The max bet size is limited. Players won’t be able to bet more money even if they want.
- Some casinos require entering promo codes to activate the bonus. Although all codes are provided in the “Promotion” section, if players forget to enter them, the promo won’t be calculated.
- In some cases, the bonus is valid for deposits made via particular payment systems.
Who Should not Claim the Bonus?
Since the maximum bonus size is limited, in most cases, the offer becomes useless for high rollers who usually invest huge sums of money. In this case, they won’t double their replenishments. High rollers usually deposit for one or several thousand dollars. So, if the casino limits the bonus size to $1.500, it is not reasonable for high rollers to deposit more than $1.500.
In such cases, to attract high rollers, administrations offer exclusive, more favorable conditions for them. To ask for such terms, it is necessary to contact customer support.
To draw the line, note that it is reasonable to use the first deposit bonus if the rollover is affordable. The main rule to take into account is to keep vigilance and study the rollover policy attentively. If the casino offers 30x-40x wagers and other requirements are satisfying, you can try to activate the offer. High rollers should contact support managers to find out more info about exclusive conditions.