Coomb Farm is a purpose built dairy farm with fantastic infrastructure, cow housing, staff accommodation and land.
An AD plant, running mainly on bi-products from the dairy enterprise, generates circa £700k per annum and significantly reduces the carbon footprint of the farm/milk and may give marketing opportunities for the milk.
Daniel Rees, head of rural sales at Savills Cardiff, said: “Coomb Farm is an exceptional example of a modern farming operation in the heart of the Welsh countryside, just a short distance from the A40 with road links to all major towns in the area. Close to the Carmarthenshire coastline it occupies a beautiful rural position and presents a fantastic opportunity to acquire a dairy farm at the top of its class.”
The farm presents an outstanding dairy unit for 1,000 cows which currently houses the exceptionally high yielding Praire Herd of Holsteins. Other key highlights include:
- A 40 point rotary parlour.
- Very high quality housing for animals including calving space, calf rearing, youngstock housing, milkers and dry cows.
- Housing capacity includes 1350 cubicles to support 1000 adults, 500 followers and 200 under 12 weeks.
- The farm has capacity for 7 months slurry storage and is currently not in an NVZ.
- The farmland comprises over 950 acres (stm) most of which is ploughable and used in a maize, wholecrop and grass rotation. The acreage has been built up through recent years and is predominantly in a ring-fence or located nearby. There is one off-lying block of about 127 acres, approximately 3 miles away, part of which is arable land and part grazing.
A highly efficient 500kw anaerobic digestion plant, currently fed on the dairy enterprise slurry bedding and running at optimum capacity, provides electricity to the unit and when combined with the biomass boiler generates in excess £700,000 per annum.
The biomass boiler heats the residential properties and water for the dairy and creates income through RHI.
Set away from the main dairy is a substantial 4 bedroom principal house, recently renovated to a high standard, as well as a number of other residential properties which currently provide flexible accommodation for farm workers as follows:
- 5 bed farmhouse with 2 bed annexe
- 3 bed barn conversion
- Long barn with 5 spacious cottages
Coomb Farm is marketed by Savills with a guide price of £15 million. For more information, please contact Daniel Rees at Savills Cardiff on 07968 550 419.