A ‘soft marketing’ exercise inviting offers from experienced and qualified theatre, arts and venue services organisations, interested in leasing and operating St David’s Hall has begun.
The exercise follows a Cardiff Council Cabinet decision to agree in principle an offer from Academy Music Group (AMG) Ltd, to take over the running of the National Concert Hall of Wales, and is an additional process aimed at ensuring best value is achieved.
If the AMG offer remains the best option following the completion of the six-week marketing exercise, a Voluntary Ex-ante (VEAT) notice of intent providing details of the draft contract negotiated with AMG will be published.
Cabinet Member for Culture, Parks and Events, Cllr Jennifer Burke said: “This additional process provides a further opportunity for parties interested in becoming custodian of St David’s Hall, protecting and delivering the classical music programme, and working with the Council to ensure the Hall’s sustainable long-term future, the opportunity to come forward with proposals so that they can be assessed against the existing offer from AMG.”
Any offers proposed during the process, which is open until 2pm on Friday 19th May, must be submitted on acceptance of the following key conditions:
- The Council will require the transfer of all risk on maintenance of the building and asset including the requirements set out in a Condition Survey by the tenant.
- The Council will not be making any subsidy payment / contributions to the organisation in respect of the venue and its ongoing operation.
- The Council requires the organisation to take on full responsibility for all liabilities and obligations arising from the application of TUPE.
- The Council is seeking a covenant from the operator to deliver a classical programme of no less than 80 days per annum, for the full term of the lease.
- The Council requires the operator to agree to a keep open clause at all times imposed under a lease.
- The Council will be prepared to grant a lease for a term of 45 years in respect of the venue.
Interested parties can seek further information via [email protected]