The highly popular Street Food Circus event has announced seven weeks delicious around the world food & drink weekends taking place at the Roath Yard.
For those of that don’t know, Street Food Circus is an immersive dining experience like no other, a colourful curated street food court and night market open weekends and bank holidays. Launching 6pm on Good Friday and ending on the late May Bank Holiday Monday.
Complete with a circus side-shows, covered communal dining, BoBo Cocktail Bus, Beer Bar and Busking Bands, Sundays are a feastival of family fun with crafternoons and bubble disco for the kids
This year’s event promises to build on previous success while remaining deliciously different.
The foodie line-up
- Alp Mac / Switzerland Alpine Mac & Cheese served from a 1974 Mercedes Food Truck
- Bao Selecta – Taiwan – Lush Chinese and Asian inspired steamed buns
- Bearded Taco – Mexico – Sian Migual and her beaded husband make Tacos to talk about
- Brother Thai – Thailand – British Street Food Award Winner – Sticky Beef Roti is a stand out
- Cham Cham – Africa – West African Jollof Rice and Beans, Home cook vibes
- Dirty Bird – London/UK – DFC Chicken, 24hr double dipped buttermilk golden fried chicken
- Dub Street Kitchen – California/USA – West Coast Tacos served from the ultimate surf bus
- Eleven Ten Pizza Co – Italy – Wood Fired Pizza with local toppings
- Franks – Brooklyn/USA – The Cardiff hotdog team serving the ultimate 9” between buns
- Gurt Wings – USA – Roadside Diner style Chicken Wings with unique flavours
- Hardlines – USA/Wales – Westcoast Inspired Coffee roasters and pecan pie pushers
- High Steaks – Argentina – Argentinian beef steak sarnies with homemade sauces
- Holy Dough – Sardinia – Serving homemade Piadina and Cecina
- Jerk Yard – Jamacia – Authenitc proper Jerk Chicken and Curried Goat
- Leyli Joon & Co “Bab Haus” – Middle East The ultimate kebab, east meets west
- Makasih – Malaysia – Malaysian market Kitchen fusion food – Laksa anyone ?
- Oysters & Bloody Marys – UK – Sustainable fish and Bloody Mary’s from a horse box
- Smoking Griddle – USA – Burgers, Burgers and Burger. Who doesn’t love a Burger ?
- Science Cream – UK – Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream – Heston would be proud
- The Fork Society – UK – Previously Pork Society, now not just Pork but still equally delicious
- Two Broke Girls – UK – 100% Plant Based, indulgent but also kind, conscious and sustainable
- The Queen Pepiada – Venezuela – Arepas corn breads filled with traditional fillings 100% GF
- That Street Food – Mexico – Street Market Kitchen serving all the classic staples
- Kerala Karavan – India – South Indian spicy specialities – try the “Nanwhich”
- Week 1: 10th/11th/12th/13th April
- Week 2: 18th/19th April
- Week 3: 25th/26th April
- Week 4: 2nd/3rd May
- Week 5: 8th/9th/10th May
- Week 6: 16th/17th May
- Week 7: 23rd/24th/25th May
- BH Fridays / 12pm – 10pm / Free Entry
- Saturday / 12pm – 10pm / Free Entry
- Sunday / 12pm – 9:30pm / Free Entry
- BH Mondays – 12pm – 9:30pm / Free Entry
Speaking about the announcement, Matt The Hat of Street Food Circus said:
“We’re excited to bring our infamous collective back to Roath Yard to create an unrivaled dining destination and weekly street food feastival that lives up to our name of Best Street Food event in the UK. We’ve added entertainment, more circus, better bars, covered seating areas plus the most amazing food from around the World, come and meet the next wave culinary stars”
Street Food Circus was established in 2014 and won the British Street Food Awards for Best Event, After putting Street Food in Wales firmly on the map at Sophia Gardens the SFC team back with a series of free events that promises to bring something new and rather tasty.