My name is Rhys, a first time dad blogging about my adventures and experiences of being a parent. [email protected]

‘Heartbroken’ mum Debbie urges her son to return home or to confirm he is safe

The mother of Jordan Moray, who has been missing now for three years, has made a heartfelt plea for her son to return home and for anybody with information about where he is to contact police.

Debbie Maray, who lives in Aberdare just a short distance from the flat from where her son disappeared, agreed to make a film in the hope that it would help the ongoing police investigation which has not turned up any new leads for some time.

Jordan Moray

Jordan Moray was 33 years-old when he disappeared without a trace in July, 2019. The door of his flat was left unsecure and his games console was still running. His mobile phone was left on charge. Despite a thorough investigation by South Wales Police, his whereabouts remain unknown. There has no sign of life – no financial transactions, and no contact.

Debbie Moray said: “Jordan is independent and always keeps himself to himself. He’s pretty quiet really. He loves the outdoor life – he would phone me and ask me to pick up a couple of disposable barbeques and a steak. He’d meet me and he’d go up the mountain and eat it up there, for hours and hours.

“The police had forensics in [inside his flat] but I think he’s gone of his own accord. His rucksack’s gone, his headlamp has gone, and his trainers. We’re heartbroken.”

In January 2021, Debbie had been given a glimmer of hope by a possible sighting in the Stratford Upon Avon area. A man claims to have spoken to Jordan in September (2020), and later on, he saw an appeal to find him on the police website when he recognised him straight away and contacted police. There have been further possible sightings in the area.

Debbie added: “Me and my husband go up there [to Stratford] and we just walk around for hours and hours. It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack but we keep doing it. We put posters up there – wherever we go we put up posters. But it could be somebody who just looks like Jordan and I understand that.”

Debbie said that the family have pulled together since Jordan disappeared and the local community have been supportive.

“Fabulous my family has been and the community have been really good. I search the mountains and the forestry regularly. As soon as we hear something [possible sighting] we’re there. My brother and his wife constantly go all around the mountains on foot and by bike. Jordan’s brother does too.”

Detective Inspector Gareth Davies, said: “The man in Stratford Upon Avon who is quite confident that the person he was speaking to was Jordan. Since he went missing, we have never ruled anything out, and we can’t be certain that it was Jordan himself. But, of course, this potential sighting gave and still gives hope to everybody involved in the search that Jordan is alive and well.

“We, or his family, must be able to see and or speak to Jordan in person to determine that he is okay. I am appealing to Jordan himself, and urge him to make contact, however I appreciate that if he is living off the grid, then the chances of him seeing this appeal are slim.

“So anybody who thinks they may have seen him should contact us immediately. Anybody who thinks they have seen him after reading this appeal should urge Jordan to contact his family or the police to confirm he is safe and well.

“Jordan’s mum and his family are desperate for confirmation that he is alive and well and want Jordan to know that they are not angry for him leaving the way he did but are in despair at not knowing where he is and if he is ok.  They appreciate that Jordan may not want to return as much as they would love him to but just ask for that confirmation,” he added.

South Wales Police have been working closely with Warwickshire Police since the sightings were reported.

Jordan hasn’t been seen by anybody who knows him since he was reported missing on 2nd August.

Following an initial appeal, police were able to place him in his village, Bro Deg on 24th July, just over a week before.

His disappearance was completely out of character and it sparked immediate concern among family, friends and police.

A huge search followed which involved specialist search teams and members of the community. Officers have poured over hours and hours of CCTV footage and searched local areas, surrounding mountainsides and waterways for clues as to what may have happened to him.

Anyone with information should call 101 quoting reference *284205. Alternatively they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.