My name is Rhys, a first time dad blogging about my adventures and experiences of being a parent. [email protected]

RCT council to support residents wanting to organise royal celebration parties

Rhondda Cynon Taf Council is supporting residents who plan to organise events, including street parties, to celebrate the upcoming Royal Wedding and Blue Sapphire Jubilee.

The two important dates are fast approaching with the Royal Wedding on May 19 and the Jubilee on June 2, and residents might consider hosting events in their communities. The Council wants to ensure these celebrations are carried out in the safest way possible, and is asking residents to consider hosting parties at local venues such as community centres, schools or pubs.

This will ensure the celebrations are safely organised, and will guarantee these events are not affected by the British weather!

However, the Council will also support residents who choose to celebrate by organising a street party – and there are a number of things to consider if you choose this option, including securing a road closure for your street.

Residents should be aware that road closures can take up to eight weeks to secure, and it is not always possible for all locations due to safety and traffic management. If you are planning to organise a street party you must contact the Council’s Traffic Management section as soon as possible, in order to secure the necessary permissions.

There are a range of criteria that each application will need to meet, and the deadline for applications to be submitted to the Council is Monday, April 23. Applications submitted after this date may not be accepted.

To inform the Council about an event being planned, and to seek the relevant permissions including applying for a temporary road closure, click here.