The Cardiff Triathlon will be taking place in Cardiff Bay this Sunday June 24th.
Road closures will be put in place to assist this event from 6am until 3pm and all residents that are affected by these road closures have received a leaflet from the event organiser – always aim high events.
There will be two events taking place, the mass participation race and the elite race.
From 6am until 10.30am, the following roads will be closed:
- International Drive to the junction with Olympian Way
- Olympian Way, Watkiss Way, Dunleavy Drive from the junction with Watkiss Way to the junction with Dunleavy Drive Retail Park.
From 6am until 3pm, the following roads will be closed:
- East Tyndall Street from the junction with Schooner Way to the junction with Herbert Street and Lloyd George Avenue
- Lloyd George Avenue from the junction with Herbert Street to the junction with Bute Street
- Bute Place from the junction with Lloyd George Avenue to the junction with Pierhead Street
- James Street, Clarence Road, Avondale Road and Ferry Road to the junction with Clive Street.
Access out of the properties on Lloyd George Avenue will be managed by the on-street stewards up until the elite race takes place at 10.30am.
Residents that need to have access to their car and live in Channel View and South Clive Street are advised to move their cars before the road closures come into place and are able to park at the Ikea car park.
Residents living in Clarence Embankment; Pomeroy Street; Hamadyrad Road; Clarence Place; Hunter Street; Burt Street; Harrowby Place; Harrowby Lane and Harrowby Street will be able to get in and out of the road closure area throughout the day, under strict instructions from the on street stewards.
Every effort will be made to open the roads as quickly as possible after the events have finished. For live up to date information on traffic and travel on Sunday June 24th, follow the live feed on twitter by following @cardiffcouncil.