Caerphilly Council has announced from Monday 7th June, Library Services are welcoming back residents who wish to browse the shelves and select their own books in the following libraries;
- Aberbargoed Library
- Abercarn Library
- Abertridwr Library
- Bedwas Library
- Deri Library
- Llanbradach Library
- Machen Library
- Nelson Library
- White Rose Information Centre Library
- Oakdale Library
- Pengam Library
Residents can now directly contact one of the libraries to pre-book a browsing appointment.
What you can expect
Your experience at the library will be different to what you’re used to and libraries will be limiting the number of browsers at each site. Your safety remains important so ask:
- Please do not visit the library if you are unwell or showing symptoms of Coronavirus.
- All visitors must use a face covering or plastic visor whilst at the library.
- Adhere to the social distancing and the health and safety guidance we have in place.
- Please do not disrespect staff – they are there to help you.
- Please make use of the hand sanitiser stations at the library. They request you sanitise your hands on arrival and on leaving the library.
- CCBC are part of the NHS Track Trace and Protect service and you will be asked on entry to scan the NHS QR code or complete a Contact Form.
- All children under 8 years of age will need to be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
How do I pre-book a browsing appointment?
Libraries will offer a limited number of 20 minute appointments each day. To make an appointment, simply email or telephone the library directly-
|01443 837164||[email protected]|
|01495 244393||[email protected]|
|02920 830790||[email protected]|
|02920 852542||[email protected]|
|01443 875549||[email protected]|
|02920 861139||[email protected]|
|01633 440330||[email protected]|
|01443 451632||[email protected]|
|White Rose Information Centre||01443 875550||[email protected]|
|01495 223545||[email protected]|
|01443 831739||[email protected]|
When making your booking you will be asked some questions by your library in order to make sure your membership record is up-to-date.
At the library
Always bring your library membership card with you as you will be encouraged to use the self-checkout system.
Staff will only be able to provide limited assistance from a safe 2 metre distance.
Appointments are restricted to 20 minutes in order to ensure parity for our customers.
Children under 8 years of age will need to be accompanied by an adult of guardian.
Use one of the cotton Tote bags to carry around your wanted books and when finished, place in the Quarantine Box provided.
If you have handled an item for longer than 10 minutes, they request you place that item into a Quarantine Box – there are many of these boxes situated around the library buildings.
Services currently not available:
- Comfortable seating and study space
- Public toilets – available for customers with appointments.
- Meeting and Seminar rooms currently remain closed.
- Resources such as children’s colouring sheets.