Cardiff’s iconic Morgan Quarter has launched a new opportunity for start-up businesses to have a retail unit under its historic arches, for free.
The Morgan Quarter is inviting people from across South Wales and surrounding areas who have recently set up a business and want to try out having a bricks and mortar store to ‘pitch for a pop-up’ within the arcade.
The winning pitch will be given the keys to a retail unit for a whole month, free of charge.
From the October 15, the winning business owner will join the likes of Spillers Records, Sobeys and Illustrate in the heart of the city centre.
Setting up a side-hustle or starting a new business online proved popular during the pandemic, and Morgan Quarter wants to give a newly set up independent business a chance to try out having a physical presence without the financial pressure or commitment.
Interested businesses can enter their pitch via the Morgan Quarter website with entries being accepted until 30 August 2021.
- Entries will be reviewed by a panel of experts from the Morgan Quarter and LaSalle Investment Management before a shortlist is announced on the Morgan Quarter social media channels September 1.
- The public will be invited to vote for their favourite Pop-Up, with polls open on Morgan Quarter’s social media channels for one week.
- The winning business will be announced on the Morgan Quarter social channels on September 13.
- Once the winner is decided, Morgan Quarter will provide set-up and promotional support to get the pop-up started.
- Interviews with the team at Morgan Quarter are available now, with opportunities to interview the shortlisted businesses once announced.