The Nation Radio Cardiff 10K and the family 2K run will take place this Sunday.
The family 2K run will start at 9.15am and the 10K run will begin at 10am.
The new route for the 10K race will start on King Edward V11 Avenue, with the runners turning left onto Corbett Road before turning left onto North Road towards the city centre.
Those competing will then run up Duke Street, onto Castle Street before turning left down Westgate Street; right onto Wood Street before running up Fitzhammon Embankment.
The competitors will then turn left into Dispenser Gardens, up Clare Street onto Lower Cathedral Road.
Running up though Llandaff fields until they reach Western Avenue, they will turn right towards the river and then right again by Pontcanna Allotments onto the spine road alongside Pontcanna Fields which will take them back past Sophia Gardens towards Cardiff Castle.
The finishing stretch will then require the runners to run back along Castle Street, onto Duke Street, back up North Road until they get to Corbett Road where they will turn right and then right again to the finish line on Museum Avenue.
A graphic showing the 10K route can be seen here – https://www.cardiff10k.cymru/cardiff-10k/the-race/
With this new route in place, there will be road closured in place to facilitate this event
Between 8am on Saturday 1stSeptember 2018 and 6pm on Sunday 2nd
- College Road from the junction with Museum Avenue to the junction with King Edward VII Avenue
- Museum Avenue from the junction with Corbett Road to the junction with Gorsedd Gardens Road
- King Edward VII Avenue from the junction with Boulevard De Nantes to the junction with City Hall Road; and from the junction with Corbett Road to the junction with College Road
- Gorsedd Gardens Road from the junction with Park Place to the junction with Museum Avenue
- City Hall Road from the junction with North Road to the junction with Museum Avenue (Vehicle access to private parking and for deliveries will be maintained until 6am on Sunday 2ndSeptember)
Between 8.45am and 12pm on Sunday 2ndSeptember, the following roads will be closed on a rolling road closure and will be re-opened as quickly as possible after the event has finished.
- North Road from the junction with Colum Road to the junction with Boulevard De Nantes
- North Road south of the junction with Boulevard De Nantes to the junction with the A4161
- A4161 from the junction with North Road to the junction with Kingsway
- Kingsway from the junction with the A4161 to the junction with Duke Street
- Duke Street and Castle Street
- Cowbridge Road East from the junction with Castle Street to the junction with Cathedral Road
- Boulevard De Nantes from the junction with Park Place/Stuttgarter Strasse to the junction with North Road
- The Friary and Friary Gardens, Westgate Street, Wood Street, Golate, Guildhall Place, Quay Street, Central Square, Scott Road, Havelock Street and Park Street
- St Mary Street from the junction with Mill Lane to the junction with Guildhall Place
- High Street from the junction with Castle Street to the junction with Guildhall Place
- Tudor Street from the junction with Clare Road
- Fitzhamon Embankment, Despenser Street, Despenser Lane, Despenser Place, Plantagenet Street, Beauchamp Street, Clare Street, Lower Cathedral Road, Brook Street, Mark Street, Green Street and Coldsteam Terrace
- Cowbridge Road East from the junction with Cathedral Road to the junction with Neville Street/Wellington Street
- Neville Street from the junction with Cowbridge Road East to the junction with Lower Cathedral Road
- Wellington Street from the junction with Leckwith Road – Inbound toward the city centre)
- Cowbridge Road East from the junction with Kings Road
- Cathedral Road from the junction with Cowbridge Road East to the junction with Penhill Road.
- All side roads that exit onto Cathedral Road will be closed which include Hamilton Street, Talbot Street, Sophia Close, Sophia Walk, spine road in Sophia Gardens, Plasturton Place, Dyfrig Street, Kyveilog Street, Sneyd Street, Dogo Street, Berthwin Street, Teilo Street, Gileston Road, MeldwIn Street, Fairleigh Road, Fields Park Road, Denbeigh Street, Fairleigh Court and Heol Wilf Wooler.
- Penhill Road from the junction with Llandaff/Cardiff Road – Inbound only
- Lane closure on Western Avenue from the junction with Excelsior Road to the junction with Mill Lane.
Information from Cardiff Bus
Between 9am until 11am:
- Buses to the west to Penarth and Barry will start and end at Taff’s Mead Embankment.
- Buses to Cardiff Bay and Sports Village (but not the Baycar) will start and end at Taff’s Mead Embankment
- The Baycar to Cardiff Bay will start and end from Custom House Street
- Buses to the east will start and end at Bute Terrace/Customhouse Street.
Between 9am until 12.30pm
- Buses to the north and Newport will start and end at Greyfriars Road.
Between 11am until 12.30pm
- Buses to Cardiff Bay and the Sports Village (but not the Baycar) will start and end at St. Mary Street (Philharmonic).
- The Baycar will start and end at St Mary Street (Wyndham Arcade.)