The South Wales Law Awards is delighted to announce the winners of the 2021 South Wales Law Awards.
The South Wales Law Awards were held at the iconic Hilton Hotel in Cardiff on Friday 6th May 2022 and hosted by one of Welsh Television and Radio’s most popular presenters – Sara Edwards.
After a two year hiatus due to the pandemic the South Wales Law Awards returned in style with a black-tie gala awards ceremony, that celebrated the best of the South Wales Law community.
The South Wales Law Awards winners are as follows:
- Solicitor of the Year: Mark Hobbs – Howells Solicitors
- Family Law Services of the Year: Robertsons Solicitors
- Residential Conveyancing Law Services of the Year: Howells Solicitors
- Commercial Law Services of the Year: GS Verde Law
- COVID Response: Harrison Clark Rickerbys – Cardiff
- Employment Law Services of the Year: NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership (NWSSP) Legal & Risk Services – Employment Team
- Paralegal of the Year: Terri Kirk – Howells Solicitors
- New Practice of the Year: Harrison Clark Rickerbys – Cardiff
- Personal Injury Law Services of the Year: Amanda Jones – Thompsons Solicitors
- South Wales Law Awards Champion 2021: Harrison Clark Rickerbys – Cardiff
Founder of the South Wales Law Awards – Wesley Skene said:
“After an incredibly difficult two years, it was great to see once again all those who have excelled in the most incredibly trying of times. It’s humbling to hear the stories of how the legal community has continued to defend and represent our communities in near impossible conditions to operate. Wales should be truly proud of its legal sector.”
The Winner of the inaugural “Wendy Hopkins Contribution to Welsh Law and Society was Ruth Dodsworth.” Wesley Skene said “This award has been renamed in memory of the great and much missed Wendy Hopkins. Wendy dedicated her career to helping those in need and speaking up for those who couldn’t. Ruth has been a true inspiration. She has faced and overcome some incredibly challenging and difficult times yet has become a voice for those in desperate need and has helped people understand that they aren’t alone. It was a privilege to meet and award a true hero.”
The evening was also an opportunity to raise funds for Dreams and Wishes. A charity that does such great work and is dedicated to helping seriously ill children by making their dreams and wishes come true. £2,000 was raised on the night.
The awards would like to take the time to thank its tremendous sponsors – TSR Legal Recruitment, Conveyancing Data Services, Swansea Building Society, Penguin and Wales247.
With 2021 completed we now eagerly move on with plans for 2022’s awards. With such a successful evening, 2022 has huge challenge to be even more spectacular.