Pride Cymru Big Weekend will be taking place this bank holiday weekend, with events taking place on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday August 25th, the PRIDE Parade will start at 11am and is expected to finish at 12.30pm. To facilitate this event, road closures will have to be put in place.
The parade will start on North Road at the junction with Boulevard de Nantes, and they will make their way down North Road and Kingsway towards Cardiff Castle, turning left into High Street, the parade will move along St Mary’s Street right onto Wood Street, right into Westgate Street, right into Castle Street and then back up North Road.
Given this roads will be closed to set up the event and for the event itself.
On August 25th from 9am until 1pm, the following roads will be closed:
- North Road from the junction with Column Road to the junction with Boulevard de Nantes.
On August 25th from 10am until 1pm, the following roads will be closed:
- Cowbridge Road East from the junction with Cathedral Road to the junction with Westgate Street
- Tudor Street from the junction with Clare Road to the junction with Wood Street (Access for residents and traders will be permitted via Fitzhammon Embankment)
- Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from Dispenser Place to the junctions with Tudor Street (access for traders and residents will be permitted)
- Kingsway; Duke Street; Castle Street; High Street; St Mary’s Street; Wood Street, Central Square; Westgate Street; Quay Street, Guildhall Place, Golate; Park Street, Havelock Street and Scott Road.
Due to the road closures that will be put in place, from 11am until 1.15pm Cardiff Bus is advising their customers that buses will divert to the satellite points, as they do for any large events in the Principality Stadium -either Churchill Way for the east, Greyfriars Road for the north or Tudor Street for the west.
The Butetown Mile will be taking place on Sunday August 26th. To facilitate for event, road closures will be put in place from 10am until 12 Noon.
During these times, the following roads will be closed:
- Bute Place from the junction with Pierhead St through to Lloyd George Avenue/ Flourish roundabout.
- Bute Street from the junction with Lloyd George Avenue to the junction with Tresillian Way / Callaghan Square. Access will be maintained on Bute Street from the junction with Maria Street up to the junction with North Church Street.
- Bute Street and Bute Place from the junction with James Street
- Lloyd George Avenue southbound at the junction with Hemingway Road
- North Church Street, Maria Street, South Loudon Place, Hodges Row, Hannah Street, West Close and West Bute Street.