On Friday 15 May at 7.30pm, a virtual comedy gig will take place to raise money for four local charities: Chapter, FareShare South Wales, Llamau and Dragon’s Heart Hospital.
The event comes at a time when charities and organisations are seeing unprecedented shortages in funding due to the cancellation of events.
Last week, the First Minister of Wales, Mark Drakeford, said that the lockdown will continue in Wales relatively unchanged for the next three weeks. Although an easing of lockdown restrictions is expected over the coming months, it is anticipated there will still be restrictions on gatherings and events.
The line-up includes several Welsh comedians, including:
- BBC Radio 5 Live’s Elis James
- BBC Radio 4 Extra’s Newsjack presenter Kiri Pritchard-McLean
- 2019 Edinburgh Comedy Award winner Jordan Brookes
The event will be hosted by writer and performer Robin Morgan.
As lockdown continues, these comedians have joined forces with the hope of raising smiles & laughter as well as money for charity.
How to get involved
- For more information and to donate please go to: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/belly-laughs-at-home—cardiff
- To join the event, visit the following link, which will go live at 7.30pm on Friday 15 May:twitch.tv/charitycomedy