Heavy rain over south Wales on Friday and overnight into Saturday may lead to further disruption for recently flood hit communities.
20-40 mm rain is likely to fall quite widely, with 50-70 mm over high ground, and perhaps as much as 100 mm in one or two very prone upland spots. The heaviest rain is most likely on Friday night before clearing eastwards on Saturday morning. Storm Jorge is also expected to bring strong winds to parts of the UK.
What to expect
- Homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, causing a danger to life
- Delays or cancellations to train and bus services are possible
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Some communities may be cut off by flooded roads
- Possible power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses
Local authorities affected in Wales
- Blaenau Gwent
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Neath Port Talbot
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Vale of Glamorgan