Whilst some areas will remain dry, a few thunderstorms are expected to break out during the course of the afternoon and early evening before fading later.
Where thunderstorms do occur, torrential downpours could produce 20-30 mm and possibly as much as 40-50 mm of rain in 2-3 hours. Frequent lightning is likely, along with hail and gusty winds in a few places.
What to expect
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
Areas affected in Wales