A mobile Covid-19 testing unit in Rogerstone will continue to offer tests over the weekend and into next week.
If you feel generally unwell or have any symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19) – a new continuous cough, high temperature or loss of taste and/or smell please get a test as soon as possible.
Some walk-up tests are available or to book a slot call 119 or visit www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
If you have symptoms, you and any household members should isolate immediately. Your whole household should continue to isolate until the test result is received. If the test is positive, all household members and close contacts should continue to isolate for 10 days as per current guidance.
Even if you receive a negative result, Wales is now at alert level 4 with stay-at-home restrictions in place.
Location and opening times
Rivermead Community Centre, Fuscia Way, Rogerstone, Newport NP10 9LZ
Friday 22 January: 09:00-16:00
Saturday 23 January: 09:00-16:00
Sunday 24 January: 09:00-16:00
Monday 25 January: 09:00-16:00
- Get a test even if your symptoms are very mild
- The test is done in 5 minutes
- Only for residents of Newport. Bring ID and proof of address.
- Please wear a face covering on the way to and from your test.
- Please do not use public transport
- Do not visit any shops, other places or other people on the way to or from your test.
- Maintain 2 meters social distancing
- Please remember, if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus, you and your whole household must self-isolate at home until you receive your test results. Don’t go to work, don’t send your children to school, don’t have household visitors and don’t visit others. Stay at home until your test result is received.
- There are stringent measures in place to protect both you and our staff at the testing site.
- Even if you receive a negative result, Wales is now at alert level 4 with stay-at-home restrictions in place
To book a drive-through test, or for people living outside Newport, please call 119 or visit www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test