Applications are now open for the Viridor and Prosiect Gwyrdd Community Fund.
The Viridor and Prosiect Gwyrdd Community Fund is a £50,000 per annum donation that Viridor has committed to make available to community initiatives that operate in the local authority regions that make up Prosiect Gwyrdd; Caerphilly, Cardiff, Monmouthshire, Newport and Vale of Glamorgan.
The donation was first made available in 2016 and will be available every April for 25 years.
Funding of projects is awarded on a set of criteria based around sustainability, local need, community involvement, value for money and education. All projects that meet these initial application requirements will then be scored on 10 factors:
- Local need
- Community participation, partnership and benefit; sustainability
- Environmental benefit
- Education, lifelong learning and skills; value for money
- Social inclusion and breadth of engagement
- Engagement with a variety of access points
- Projects that offer a strong benefit in STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths)
- Projects within the local authority boundary of Trident Park ERF
Applications must score a minimum of 7 points from the 10 points available to be eligible for funding.
Any organisation or group, which is properly constituted, not-for-profit and not controlled by a local authority can apply for funding. Projects are restricted to applying for one project per year and the maximum amount of funding granted is £3000 per project.
Application forms can be downloaded here.
Completed forms should be returned by email to [email protected] or by post to the following address: Cardiff ERF Community Fund Viridor Administrator, Harrison House, Blackbrook Park Avenue, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 2PX.