Bryn Meadows Caerphilly 10K planned for September 12th 2021 will be postponed to May next year in the interest of public safety.
Caerphilly County Borough Council have been monitoring coronavirus restrictions closely since March 2020. Although these restrictions are beginning to ease with vaccine intake – Sunday 12th September 2021 will be too soon to allow the Bryn Meadows Caerphilly 10K/2K to go ahead.
The Leader of Caerphilly Council, Cllr. Philippa Marsden, commented: “In the interest of public safety, we have taken the decision to postpone the Bryn Meadows Caerphilly 10K/2K until Sunday 15th May 2022.
We fully appreciate that many of you are looking forward to joining us in what is always a fantastic occasion for the county borough. But for public health, and that of our spectators, volunteers, event staff and the wider population – we believe that this decision is necessary and will allow the event to reach its full potential when it is deemed safe to do so.”
All entries will be transferred automatically to the new date. There is no need to get in touch to amend any details. There is nothing for you to do if you have already registered.
Additional information relating to when race packs can be expected, road closure information and other operational details will be shared at a time closer to the event.