In celebration of releasing his 41st studio album ‘Surrounded by Time’, Sir Tom Jones is returning to North Wales for an exclusive outdoor concert at the Rhyl Events Arena on Wednesday September 1.
With the gates opening at 5pm, an expected sell-out crowd of 7,000 concert goers are planning to attend the live standing concert on Rhyl’s waterfront to enjoy a magical night of music from Sir Tom Jones and support act Megan McKenna.
If you are attending the concert here is a run-down of the essential things you need to know ahead of the event:
If you develop any symptoms of Covid-19, test positive or are advised via the NHS to self-isolate, please do not attend the event.
You will need to present ONE of the following two items:
1) Proof of double vaccination, with the 2nd received a minimum of 14days before the event
A negative lateral flow test – Registered with the NHS within 48 hours of the event.
You can order test here: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
and register you test here: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
The concert takes place at:
Rhyl Events Arena, East Parade, Rhyl, Denbighshire, LL18 3AF
Getting there by car
Car parks nearby:
- Central Car Park (Underground) LL18 1HD
- Morley Road LL18 3HG
- East Parade LL18 3SG
- West Kinmel Street, LL18 1DA
- White Rose Shopping Centre, LL18 1EW
Getting there by taxi
Taxis can drop-off on the promenade close to the Events Arena. Taxi ranks are situated at the Town Hall (on Water Street) and at the Railway Station.
Getting there by bus
Arriva Buses Wales run regular services locally and to nearby towns and villages – for route maps and timetables please visit www.traveline.cymru or download the free app.
Getting there by train
Rhyl Station is served by Transport for Wales trains and Avanti West Coast trains, with direct services from many mainline stations. Once you arrive in Rhyl, the Events Arena is just a short 10-minute walk away from the station.
- The event arena is suitable for wheelchair users with friendly stewards around to assist and accessible toilets.
- The show must go on whatever the weather so concert goers are encouraged to dress appropriately for the wonderful Welsh weather!
- A variety of food and drink will be available within the arena. You are not permitted to bring any food and drink to the event. You are permitted to bring in a sealed bottle of water.
- Standard and accessible toilet facilities are located throughout the event arena.
Denbighshire Leisure Ltd are delighted to bring back live music to North Wales, with none other than Sir Tom Jones, and are encouraging concert goers to be safe and to enjoy themselves.